Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Horror Movies



First off I apologise for the formatting in this post. I have spent the last hour trying to fix and I can't tell if it's getting better or worse!

With Halloween coming up next week, I decided to write a list of horrors to watch and avoid. I also decided to compose a list of horrors that I want to watch or think I should watch. If anyone has any opinion on these lists please let me know. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Horror Movies to Avoid

1. The Human Centipede  
Disgusting. Sick. Disturbed. I am sure you have all heard about this gross film by now. Please avoid at all costs. Even writing about it makes my stomach churn. My own curiosity led me to watch it. I wish I could erase it from my mind. 

2. Chernobyl Diaries 
I thought this film was going to be about animals attacking humans. Instead it was horrible and insulting to the people from Chernobyl. It basically implying that the nuclear disaster had turned the workers into mutants who had to be locked up. Insensitive. 

 3. Cabin in the Woods

Yawn. Boring. Had the potential to be brilliant but it tried to be too smart. If you do watch it, Chris Hemsworth and Jesse Williams are the eye candy of the movie. The comedy relief comes from Fran Kranz’s character, who I did enjoy. The film had more laughs than scares.
  
 4.Insidious
I don’t like this film because I didn’t understand it straight off and had to google it to find out what went on. I don’t think films should end that way. I sometimes like when a film ends and the ending is up to your own interpretation, however I do not like it when everyone leaving the cinema hasn’t clue what happened! Miss for me.

5.My Bloody Valentine
I found this to be devoid of any suspense. No scares. Maybe I’m a tough critic but unless I’m more scared of what I think is going to happen or what isn’t happening, I’m not happy!

 Horror Movies to Watch

1. Scream
Everyone knows the story with the Scream series at this stage. I love these films so much. Watch them!

2. The Shining
‘Here’s Johnny!’ Your husband goes crazy in a secluded hotel that was built on the site of an Indian burial ground. Enough said!

3. 28 Days Later
Cillian Murphy. Fast zombies. Brendan Gleeson. Directed by Danny Boyle. Watch this film.

4. A Nightmare on Elm Street

I watched this as a child. How did I watch so many horror films as a child!? I actually loved the thrill of this though for some reason. Yes I was strange as a child and possibly still am :)

5. I Know What You Did Last Summer
I just shivered thinking about this one. Fantastic ending in my opinion.


Honourable mention: Shaun of the Dead, Silence of the Lambs.

Horror Movies I Have Yet to Watch
1. Children of the Corn 


2. Steven King’s It
I don’t know if I’ll actually watch this. Even seeing a still of the clown freaked me out. Nightmares tonight and just from a picture! But sure isn’t that what horror movies are suppose to do.

3. The Omen
 I saw the remake and I was not impressed. I better right that wrong and watch the original.

4. Friday The 13th

5. Rosemary's Baby

6. The Descent

This will definitely scare the life out of me. I have a fear of being stuck underground or in a bunker and this seems to be along those lines like The Hole. Except I understand that this is more of a horror than The Hole.

7. Village of the Damned
I had watched a bit of this when I was a child. Well, when I noticed 2 albino children in my village at some dance showcase, I was scared! I think this was the movie that stopped me from watch scary films for a long time.

8.Wolf Creek

9.The Thing

10. Psycho

I’ve seen clips of the infamous shower scene a million times, it is finally time for me to watch the whole movie.


11. Session 9
I'm just curious about this one. And also, David Caruso is in it but he'll always be Horatio Caine to me.

12. Let The Right One In


13. American Psycho 
I need to watch more Christian Bale films. He’s unreal! I also want to watch The Machinist, it’s psychological thriller. Sounds good to me!

14. Night of the Living Dead Series 
Here’s the first film in this series.
 

This movie is in the public domain so it is available to watch and download for free in some places. I no longer have an excuse for not having seen this film in its entirety! 



That's just my list and my opinions, you probably disagree with everything I said but what's the fun in us all having the same opinion!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN


No comments:

Post a Comment