Saturday, December 1, 2012

Skin Care: Feet First!

Feet I feel are a very neglected part of our skincare and beauty routine. I suppose living here our feet don't get to see the light of day that often but when they do we should make sure they look fabulous. Don't worry I'm not going to post any pictures of feet! It doesn't matter if it's the middle of June or the middle of winter. Our feet should be pampered. After all we do use them for a good part of the day. Walking, standing, running, dancing etc.

My feet were horribly dry because yes I neglected them like so many others out there! I decided to take some action. Into Boots with myself and this was recommended to me.



Boots Deep Moisturising Foot Cream. It comes in a 100ml glass jar. I think this is really fancy and makes me feel like I'm using something really luxurious and expensive. 

What they say?
"A soothing, medicated and antiseptic foot cream with natural extracts of mint, lavender and marshmallow to nourish and soften hard dry skin."


The cream itself is a pale green. I am not a big fan of either mint or lavender but they blend so well here the smell is refreshing and at the same time not overpowering. The smooth cream sinks in quickly so no greasy feet, which is a pain when it happens. Waiting for them to dry and being careful not to tip them off anything. EVERYTHING sticks to them. Thankfully not a problem here!

My feet feel fresh and rejuvenated when the cream is applied. This is also great to lather on after a night out on the tiles in ridiculous heels. My feet have become softer since I started using it. Definitely one for the favourites collection :)

Other footcare tips that I must share with you lovely people include:
  • always try on shoes before buying, even if you are always the same size in every shop, you have to make sure they fit you right and comfortably.
  • buy your shoes in the late afternoon, feet swell during the day
  • remember when getting shoes as a child and your mam would squeeze the top of your shoes? For good reason, there should be a gap of half an inch between the tip of your toes and the top of your shoes
  • the widest part of your foot should rest in the widest part of the shoe
  • don't moisturise between your toes and also make sure between your toes are completely dry after washing your feet
Anyone got any other footcare tips to share? What foot cream do you swear by?

2 comments:

  1. they are really good tips, my feet are definitely neglected in my skincare routine at the moment. I'm going to try and start being a bit more vigilant in 2013, I'll have to check out this from Boots as I don't think I've ever really found a great foot cream before. Thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Hope this foot cream is as good for you as it was me. x

      Delete